Spring Concert Itinerary
· Due to the cost of using the buses (minimum two hours per bus) we will be unable to travel to UWF as a group. Students must arrange for their own transportation to the concert venue.
· Students’ must be present at University of West Florida’s Center for Fine and Performing Arts Lobby by 5:15p (ready to go in CONCERT BLACK) in order to get ready for run throughs.
· Directions to UWF’s Center for Fine and Performing Arts building and appropriate parking may be found below.
· Doors will open at 6:30p and the Concert will begin at 7:00p.
Directions to University of West Florida Center for Fine and Performing Arts coming from Pace, Fl
· From Highway 90 turn right onto the University of West Florida campus.
· Follow the main road the campus. You will:
o Pass a water tower on your left.
o Curve right as you bank around the west end of campus.
o Pass the tennis courts on your right.
· As your pass the tennis courts on your right there will be a large building at the top of the hill. There are parking lots on either side of the building.
· IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE BUILDING turn right into the parking lot.
· Walk toward the building from this lot and you will easily find the Performing Arts Center’s lobby. There is a box office on the outside of the building. Admission is free and there are no tickets.
· The run through and concert will take place in the Music Hall.
· Audience members will not be permitted into the hall until 6:30p.
· Concert will begin at 7:00p.
If you have not been to this building before I would strongly urge you to aim to get there by 5:00p in case you get lost. Run throughs will begin promptly at 5:30p and students not in attendance risk not performing.
Auditions for students wishing to be selected for Concert Choir (mixed choir) will be held on
The “musicianship questions” will consist of some general questions about a piece of choral music:
· What key are we in?
· What does that symbol mean?
· What is the relative minor?
· What chord quality is this?
· What’s our starting solfege for this phrase / how do you count that phrase?
Auditions are not required to become a part of the Pace High Choral Program. Students who do not audition or are not selected for Concert Choir will be enrolled into Men’s or Women’s choir.
There have been several updates to the About Us section as well as the addition of CHARMS and the CHARMS Calendar. Check them out!